Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programs Running???

Status
Not open for further replies.

swinny1710

Technical User
May 30, 2003
CA
Hi;
Just a quick question. Whe I ctrl/Alt/Delete, it says that I only have 9 programs open. Yet when I scan with Adaware, it says that I have 19 objects open. What else is running in the background, and how can I see that, or does it even matter?
Pat

Goto sysinternals and use their process viewer.
This will give a correct list in W98 system .
w98 only shows running programs .

If you use W2K or XP and hit "ctrl" "alt" "del" tick the option "show processes for all users" .

//Regards Soaplover

You can get it in Win Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System information!It`s ALL in there!

I haven't yet tried soaplovers link and it may be great.....
As 767.....says, You also can get to SysInfo by going to
Start>Run type MSINFO32 in box....hit Enter..navigate to Software Environment/Running Tasks and Startup Programs in left pane.....
If you really want to get mad....then view System Hooks....
[smiley]

TT4U

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions....I try very hard to impart correct info at all times.

If you'd like CONTROL over the boogers.....then download these little, very nice programs to stop/start boogers at will...

[bigsmile]

TT4U

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions....I try very hard to impart correct info at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back