Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programs not loading on Windows 11 Version 22H2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjw001

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
This seems to be affecting a number of programs and has started in the last week. The first occurrence I can find is 15/09/2023 10:29:15. There were some Quality Updates on 13/09/2023.

When starting File Explorer it looks as though it is loading but bails out and removes all other instances of Explorer. The task bar also briefly disappears. This does not happen every time and it usually starts OK when I try it again.

Event Viewer behaves similarly with the task bar briefly disappearing. It generally starts OK at the second attempt.

For Explorer, the Event Viewer shows:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2283, time stamp: 0x411f7365
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2215, time stamp: 0x83983b0b
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x000000000006531c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x1D78
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9EAD81A9894D4
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: d176b111-46a5-4d1e-9c22-06241d5bb43e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I could not find any references to the Event Viewer in the Event Viewer logs.

I am also having a problem with an old piece of software that I use to backup some bits of data. It does not affect the task bar – it just fails to load. It is LacieBackup.exe from 2006. I have not run it for a couple of months.

The Event Viewer shows:

Faulting application name: LacieBackup.exe, version: 1.5.2378.16573, time stamp: 0x44acca0e
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x005f6ba0
Faulting process ID: 0x0x1C20
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9E61DF52E27DF
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\LaCie\Backup Software\LacieBackup.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report ID: 1137bd0f-c31f-423d-a0da-ba5c1f49d8d5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help on either of these failures would be appreciated.

Test the memory in your PC
Malware scan with ESET Online Scanner
From an Administrator equivalent CMD Prompt SFC /SCANNOW

Thank you for the suggestions, but unfortunately it has made no difference.

My guess is that either my pc is about to die or the problems will be resolved after a future windows update.

Thanks for the suggestion.

It seems to have fixed the explorer problem but my legacy software still won't run.

I will probably just live with the problem for the time being, but if it gets worse I do have your suggestion of the new profile to fall back on.

Thank you.

maybe try to reinstall your legacy software, if possible

Rather surprised to find the install software.

Sadly it made no difference, but thanks for the suggestion. Certainly worth a try.

Then I can't think of anything else except reinstalling Windows

Thanks, but I will live with the problem.

I expect that it will just magically go away, possibly shortly after an update to the system.

Well, surprise, surprise. For the last few days there have been none of the File Explorer errors.

There were a few driver updates on 27/09/23 but I am not sure exactly when the problem went away.

If it starts again I will (try) to keep a log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back