Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

programs minimizing to tray issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtcdesigns

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2007
US
I am unsure why this happens but a certain program we use at my company will minimize right to the tray at launch. All you have to do is right click and maximize an your set. Sadly some people aren't smart enough to do that and open the program 5 or 6 times. Would there be any reason for the program to jump straight to the bottom like that? The program is running on windows 2000 and windows xp. The program is called PSI and is for data collection. I'm assuming it has something to do with the program since it is the only program that has this issue. Any thoughts on this?

Open the Properties for the program. Click the 'Shortcut' tab and look at the setting beside 'Run:', make sure it says "Normal window". If it does say "Normal window" and the program is still minimizing upon opening, try changing the 'Run:' setting to "Maximized" and see if that helps.

Joey
CCNA, MCP, A+, Network+, Wireless#

oddly this doesn't happen all the time. Now and then I see it happen on a couple different computers which is what makes it weird. I have them all set to normal window so I will set it to maximized and hope for the best. The other thing is one user mentioned that the program will minimize by itself after she already logged in data and had to walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back