Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming x10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttrevino

MIS
Mar 22, 2004
US
I am trying to program a remote call fowarding button on extension 10, but haven't been able to get it to work. Basically, I programmed speed dial 80 with an external number. Then I programmed a lighted button on x10, with feature 11. Then I tried to add the feature *I think* 322 (I don't have the manual in front of me right now), to read "10 80", but after I add 10, it won't allow me to add the 80 speed dial number. I've been able to do this on other non-system phones with no problems. Is there something special I need to do since this is a system phone. What the customer wants to do is press this button when they leave at night, and all calls coming into x10 forward out to whatever speed dial number has been programmed into the button. Help, I'm going nuts!

You need to program the station in #322 before you can program a rcf button on a phone.

I must not be programming the feature #322 correctly, as it's not listed in the manual I'm reading from. I don't normally work on these systems, I'm a G3 guy. :eek:) Can you tell me the steps to programming feature 322?
I figured it was something like:
Feature 0 0
Sys Prg Sys Prg # 322
Dial x10?
Then what?
Thanks, TT

You must have an R6 to have the feature. Do a Feature 59 at any display phone to confirm.

Assuming that you have an R6, at Ext. 10 or 11

Feature 00
Left Intercom twice
#322-10-1
Feature 00

Put the outside number in Personal Speed Dial (80-99)

Program a lighted button for forward
Feature 00
Button to be programmed
Feature-11-10-XX (Where XX is the speed dial locaton)
Feature 00

This will only forward calls that are answered and transferred to Ext. 10. If you are not using an auto attendant to answer first at night, and then transfer to Ext. 10 to be forwarded, then assign Ext. 10 as the "line coverage" extension, in #208-NN-XX

That got it! Thanks to all, I was able to program that phone correctly over lunch. I appreciate the assistance, keep up the helpful info. I can always find the help I need on this site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back