Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming Time Profiles on Incoming Call Routes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepp77

Vendor
Oct 30, 2008
GB
In house we are having a discussion about how to program tie profiles on incoming call routes.

We have two ways and each obviously think ours is the better correct way.

First Way.

The main destination is the day destination and then a time profile is used to route the calls at night time.

Second Way

The Main destination is set as the night destination and then a time profile is used to route the calls to the day destination during the day.

I do the first way, so you have an instant view of which numbers go to the main day destination without having to search through the destinations tab, my colleague does it the second way to make the time profile easier to program.

So which way do you do it?

| ACSS SME |

It looks from bottom up so all exceptions should be on the bottom.
Holidays are exceptions and nights are also exceptions.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Second way is best because you can have a calendar time profile for holidays and a recurring time profile for day time and if none of the timetables is true it is night.

Intigrant - you can still have holiday time profiles using the second way, you just add it below the night service.

| ACSS SME |

Pepp77, i asume you have a inhouse system with a demo dongle in it so i suggest to use VMPro for time profiles and calenders :)
This way there is no more discussion ;-)

BAZINGA!

Another consideration is sending DDI's. If the default destination is the "out of hours" and time profiled destinations are the "daytime" destinations that stops your/their DDIs being sent automatically, so if they want this you need to use shortcodes/ARS. Doing it normally doesn't require that :)

I have the top destination as the main day service group when i actually use time profile on ICR.
This does make setting the night times slightly harder as you need more time segments + the time profile is not much use elsewhere but i think final readability of the system counts but i don't think either system has enough pros or cons to say which is best.

More often than not i put the time profile on the ring group this means that the customer can manually activate NS if req. without needing multiple mailboxes for day & night service.

I may add bank holidays to ICR, those usually want a dedicated holiday message so a dedicated mailbox is not a bad thing.

If VM Pro is available all of the above can often be improved by using VM Pro conditions.

Summary:
All sits are different, use the approach that bests suits the customer

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I personally use the top as night, this way I can use the same time profiles with hunt groups, as they are only active within that time profile, it is more work, so the if the least work is the right way, then the day dest as the default would be right.

Of course neither way is wrong, as long as it is tidy and another engineer / administrator can understand what you have done [smile]

Amriddle.

That is the perfect reason to do it way 1 and not something I had actually considered.

| ACSS SME |

There are many ways to program IP Office and each way is a good way as it serves your goal.
But within a company everybody should use tha same manner of programming then a engineer doesn't have to dig into the way it is setup.
Still I prefer the second way but the first is good as well, it is just a way of programming.

Just remember that my way is the best :)

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back