Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming restrictions filters on a 824

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHONETOOL

Programmer
Feb 13, 2002
US
There is a customer that lines need to appear and ring
and to be able to answer the phone for incoming calls
I know I can assign filter 01 to an extension
but that still allows local calls
I guess I will have to create filter.
I attempted to create filter 05 but I must be missing a step because when I assigned the filter 05
I created to the extensions I was still able to dial out
so my question is how do I create a filter that will restrict all outside calls and still have the lines appear and ring for in incoming calls on a 824 with old software

Under filter add digits 0 - 9, one at a time, also add * so they cannot bybass restrictions. Apply restriction to set, they can still get dialtone, but any digit they dial will come up restricted call.

Thanks for your reply What I ended up doing so is copying filter 01 to filter 08 and then editing it for the local stuff
01-1.,02-2.-03-3,04-4.,05-5.,06-6.,07-.7,08-8., and so on
The thing I was having trouble with was the 911 stuff but since it was already built in filter 01 I didn't have to worry about rebuilding the 911 stuff it seemed to work great after that all I did was assigned filter 08 to the extensions I wanted

Please PLease Please make sure there is an over ride for 911 and TEST TEST TEST. The liability issues of not allowing 911 is more than I can bear to live with. PLEAS MAKE SURE YOU CAN MAKE THAT 911 CALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back