Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

programming pull down menu in user defined field in outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2000
US
Hello --

I'm trying to develop a contacts database to suit my company in an outlook 98's contact folder. I need a user defined field to be used in views, searchable, etc. I don't want people to fill this field in as free text, I would like to control the options. It would be perfect if I could make it a pull down menu. How would I do this? I have never programmed in VB Script before, but I have programmed in several other languages (including c++) so if it's just a matter of learning some syntax that would be fine.

I guess I'm wondering where the elements of the pull down list would come from. Would these link from an access table or csv file? is that possible? I don't really know what's possible in outlook. Please enlighten me!

cheers,
susan

I'll start by answering my own question:

I found the Tools->Forms->Design This Form utility, and have been able to make my pull down menus for my user defined fields. However, I cannot figure out how to make this customization apply to all the contacts in my folder.

How to I make a new form apply to an entire folder? Including contacts that have already been created in that folder?

Cheers,
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back