Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming NEC Elite Again 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

totaletech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
CA
Can anyone tell me how to enter the programming from a DTU-16 - D Handset?

I need to make a couple simple changes however just need the code to get into the programming from the handset.

Thanks.

Yes...Feature Hold * 0 # form ports 01 or 02 (your lowest #'rd extensions).

spoclogo2.jpg

Will this allow me to program buttons on a set and change then name associated with an extension?

Your help so far is greatly appreciated.

Thanl you.

This will allow you to program everything to with the system...be carefull as that is technicians programming and you can screw things up bad if you have never been in programming.
For the customer side and much easier platform ask your vendor for S.A.T. program and you will need an MIFM card to go into your system to support S.A.T., MIFM also supports other neet things so worth the money spent.
S.A.T. = System Administration Terminal
Allows you to connect to the KSU via PC and download/upload programming changes like speed dials, names and much more...there are 2 versions of S.A.T. one for customer and one for Tech.

Thats perfect, thanks again.

What if there is a password to the system? Is there a default one or a way to reset the password?

If their was a password set by the installer their is back door in. Chances are they probobly did not set one. If they did post again and I will email you directly on how to get in. Their is a default password to get into SAT when you first open it. "PASSWORD"

The Feature-Hold-* etc... command does not enter the programing mode on our system. I am still unable to get in.

The system is an Elite 192.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

To get in to programing go to one of the first two ports while the phone is hung up press FEATURE>HOLD>#>0>*

On Some of the newer systems you can also get in from any phone using: (No Hold)

Feature # 0 * 8 9 7 4

If there is a password set it only affects the SAT connection and can be viewed from a phone in program mode

Have Fun

be carefull using the feature hold #0*8974 it works on the level II also. The problem is that you don't want to do any tenant programing through that mode or the system will start to act crazy and you will have to reset the system.
NEC says that mode was intended more for viewing, but I use it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back