Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming MCR line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullet

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2015
US
Good morning,

I’m trying to add an MCR line to my phone (Digital,3903). I have built a phantom TN, 252 0 01 00, enabled the MCRA, and then tried adding a MCR key to the my digital set. This is what I'm getting, Not sure why I'm getting the error. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

REQ: chg
TYPE: 3903
TN 12 1 5 2
ECHG yes
ITEM key 01 MCR 3800
MIX
SCH6393
KEY
ITEM
HNT FNA
HNT FNA

This is the Phantom TN,

DES CATFAX
TN 252 0 01 00 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 3800 0 MARP
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 7
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST 2
SCI 0
CLS CTD DTN FBD XFD WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRA
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
CWND USMD USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
PLEV 02
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR DCFW 4 1000
DATE 27 JUL 2016

The problem is that you already have the DN assigned as an analogue set which will cause you grief when adding DN's with the same number. My advice is to try and change the DN on the Phantom first to another number and then add in the MCR key on the digital set as 3800 before changing the Phantom DN back to 3800 again.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Very advance high level knowledge on Linux BCM with keycode support

A DN on a phantom TN cannot be programmed anywhere else whether it's MCE SCR or whatever.
What exactly is it that you are trying to accomplish with the phantom TN and why do you want it to appear on another TN?

err sch6393

SCH6393
Phantom DNs must be defined and unique.

Ah! yes, I was purely thinking about the problem of using MCR with a mixture of analogue and digital sets. I had forgotten about the fact that it was a virtual analogue (Phantom) port.

I think it would still work if the phantom was changed to a spare 500 set port as analogue sets would always remain as active and wouldn't disable but is does make it questionable why it's trying to be configured in this way?.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Very advance high level knowledge on Linux BCM with keycode support

Thanks for the replies.

I'm setting up an IT support line that users can call into internally and externally. Between the hours of 7am-6pm, the line (ext. 3800) forwards to an operator after 6 rings. During this time I needed the phones to also be on 4 sets in our IT department, that way our technicians could handle multiple calls simultaneously. After hours the extension forwards to one of our on call technicians off site.

I needed the MCR line 3800, to be Marped to a TN because I have scripts that run every morning and night that change the RCO, and FWD of the line automatically. A little bit ago I was able to finally get it working. Originally I was told to do it with a phantom TN, but I just went ahead and marped it to a key on a digital set that I don't use, seems to be working as intended now.

Another option if you have a callpilot, you could use a CP Application under SDN 3800 to do the time of day routing configure forward during office hours to an MCR key configured on the IT Dept sets and the out of hours forward to the phantom that sends the call out off site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back