Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming-maths knowledge required

Status
Not open for further replies.

progcompu

Programmer
Sep 18, 2009
GB
A friend and I were discussing again.

He said programming requires too much maths knowledge-I said that you just need to know the basics (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication).

He also reckons HTML is a programming language ;-)

What do you think?

IT Careers

I don't see how it relates to Microsoft Certification, but...

I think that HTML is a markup language, not a programming language, and I don't think that a lot of people code HTML by hand anymore. Usually they're using WYSIWYG editors or content creation tools that generate code for you. It is difficult to build an application using pure HTML, but much easier if you add in Javascript, PHP, Flash, Silverlight, or some other scripting/programming language.

As far as math goes...it depends on what you're doing. Some development jobs will be very math intensive (writing software to support engineering functions, for example). Some development jobs will not be math heavy (designing a UI for an application, for example). It really just depends.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back