Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming IVI Checkmate eN-Touch 1000 terminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowrent

Programmer
Aug 29, 2003
US
If any one can help me out with any information on programming, programmers guide or software drivers (Windows 2000) for IVI Checkmate eN-Touch 1000 terminals. I would like to incorporate this device into a current project, to do some time keeping factions and simple data entry. Bought 3 units at action, haven't been able to obtain any support from vendors or the manufacturer, I guess if your not a Walmart there not interested. I have no interest in POS programming but can see a lot of other applications for this device. I’m just a small dog chewing a pretty big bone. Any and all help will greatly appreciated.

Best Regard, Lowrent

Howdy... What are you trying to do.. perhaps I can help.

Greetings posdude,
Happy Holidays!
Responds to this has been along time coming and is most appreciated. I have it in my sick little mind that I would use terminals for a project that would track attendance, time (basic time clock fuctions) and project completion of a workforce of mentally challenged individuals. Example, worker checks in and out by swiping card entering PIN time in recorded. Worker completes assigned task, swipes card at terminal assigned tasks displayed, completed task is selected and marked completed and signiture captured (data input). I also have the idea of using the terminals for access control and data input for computer driven machinery. I would think this would be fairly simple if someone could point me in the right direction.
Best Regards,
Lowrent

Dear Friend:

I still don't get what's your point. what do you wanna do? make a program or buy a program.
The touch panel and the software that you are talking about is not something difficult.

any further information?

I have created a program in VB and would like to use the terminal as a data collection device rather then a keyboard and monitor. The distributor has a software developers kit available for a $1000.00, alas being currently suffering from a lack of fundage thats not in the budget for this project. If I could get some guidence on the operation and programming commands of this device it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Lowrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back