Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming for Citrix.... Considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdcore

MIS
Jan 23, 2003
I have developed an application for a client. It's done using VBA in Reflections, which is a terminal emulator. The client now wants to put this application on a Citrix server. I have never developed anything for a Citrix or Terminal server before.

My question is: What things do I need to consider when developing for a terminal services or Citrix environment?

Potential Problem Areas specific to my app:

- My application relies on the clipboard. It grabs data from the terminal window and copies it to the clipboard. It then calls another application that retrieves the data from the clipboard. Will this work? Are their "per user" clipboards on Citrix?

- My application makes a local copy of a text file, writes to it, and then copies it up to the network. This will surely have to be changed as the local copy is always on the root of the system drive. I assume I will need to copy it to the user's temp directory? Is this correct?

Are there any other general rules of thumb for Citrix programming? I searched but could not find any articles on making programs Citrix-ready. Does anyone have one they can point me to?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Hi,

Also, go to the Developer network and sign up, you'll get loads of help from Citrix programming experts. They have their own forum there and can help you loads!

It's :-

Cheers,
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back