Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming Feature Buttons on Polycom 300/400 phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORPG

MIS
Jul 17, 2014
US
Folks, I just purchased my first UCx 50e using Polycom vvx300/400 SIP phones. But I can't find anything that tells me how to program the buttons for features. Any help please?

From Polycom Support Docs.

After you set up your VVX 300, 310, 400, and 410 phones on the network, users will be able to
place and answer calls using the default configuration. The Web Configuration Utility enables
you and your phone users to optimize or customize individual phones.
You and your users can perform configuration changes on a per-phone basis with the Web
Configuration Utility. You can use the Web Configuration Utility as the sole configuration method
or in addition to central provisioning. Any configuration changes made to individual phones
using the Web Configuration Utility will override configuration settings made with central
provisioning. Configuration changes made manually using a phone’s user interface will override
changes made using the Web Configuration Utility.
You can access the utility by entering the phone’s IP address in a Web browser, such as
For administrators, log in as an Admin and enter the administrative
password, which is 456 by default.

Here is the link.
You should be able to do anything you want from the Web interface.

Hey thanks getsomesun1!! I'll give it a try when I get back to staging. So far I'm really beginning to like the UCx. I have installed another using BCM as a gateway & Nortel phones. Pretty slick.

Are you trying to program them with feature buttons as in the UCx features such as *xx?
I ask because I'm trying the same thing and so far having no luck. I think you have to make a change to the file of the phone itself. I've been where getsomesun1 suggested but all I can do there was add lines/extensions but I could not add any special feature codes such as *anything. Hopefully we'll find someone that can help

Hawks, I have not provisioned a Polycom as of yet, but I would bet you can change any button on the phone from it's current configuration to something like a Speed dial with a value of *97 for example to get to VM. Most buttons on Ip phones can be reconfigured to whatever you want them to be.

Folks, I can't get by the "soft Key Config" page. It's saying "To add and edit soft keys, you must first enable the EFK feature using configuration files: features.cfg > feature >". Ok so I'm dumb, but where does that features.cfg file reside?

Folks, please has anyone figured out how to program feature codes on a Polycom 300 or 400 phone yet?

ORPG - I was able to add a 4th button on the VVX310 but still trying to figure out how to modify existing buttons. I got the master config file from polycom support site and able to turn the feature on to modify. Now I am trying to figure out more about some xml programming and how to modify some of the hard buttons like the message button as I need it to dial *97 not dial the extension as it does now.
I have gone from zero to almost setting up a full UCX call center with 60 phones in 2 days this week. Still a little more sorting out but would love to have some fellow UCX contacts out there to work with in resolving issues.

WOW! You've gotten further than anyone else it seems. I have my re-seller trying to convince Emetrotel to build a template. In the meantime, please keep the post going and I am headed to the Polycom site as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back