Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming Expense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jillq

Programmer
Jun 28, 2008
US
I'm going to have this programmed for me:

The programming company I use (odesk), like many, you have to provide a maximum amount you'll pay to have the programming work done.

I haven't the slightest idea what figure I should use. How much should I expect to pay to have it done?

Thanks,

Jillq

Because the way their site is set up, you have to provide a maximum amount you'll pay and programmers bid on the work. The company itself does not do programming; they're just a middle man who brings independent programmers and people needing programming work done together.

Thanks,

Jillq

I'm a little confused. The tutorial has all the code right there (just at a quick glance). I'm assuming you already have the website and want to add this feature.

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

On the Amazon page cited above it says

Preparation

The implementation of this use case requires some preliminary effort to set up tokens for the caller and recipient if you have not already done so. When the caller and the recipient are the same party, both the caller and recipient tokens are created programmatically. The caller token must be installed on the caller account to make web service calls. To install the caller token on your account, use the InstallPaymentInstruction operation. The payment instruction action requires that you indicate the role for this token and that parameter is expressed in the GateKeeper language.

MyRole=='Caller' orSay 'Roles do not match';

The recipient token must be installed on the recipient account to make web service calls and receive payments. To install the recipient token on your account, use the InstallPaymentInstruction operation. Again, the payment instruction requires that you also specify a role for this token.

MyRole=='Recipient' orSay 'Roles do not match';
PaymentMethod in 'abt, ach, cc';

To start,
I haven't the slightest idea what to do with MyRole=='Caller' orSay 'Roles do not match';

and

MyRole=='Recipient' orSay 'Roles do not match';
PaymentMethod in 'abt, ach, cc';

Thanks,

Jillq

Perhaps the getting started guide might offer more help on knowing what to do with that script? It's certainly not HTML, and I have no idea what language it is in.

The page you posted said:
This article assumes that you have read the Amazon FPS Getting Started Guide and have completed the exercises in the guide. It is important that you understand the concepts and terminology discussed in the Amazon FPS Getting Started Guide before reading this article.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

An alternative would be to ditch the middle men, and put your project up on You can specify a maximum bid amount (or state that you're open to suggestions) and see what the lowest bid by the highest-rated coder is.

Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

It's also worth exploring the Community Code section as it appears to list examples of using Amazon FPS with different programming languages.

Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back