Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming changes to SCCS acquired ACD phonesets

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyrico

Technical User
Jan 5, 2005
US
Hello all:

I've been cautioned and forewarned that one cannot make changes to ACD sets without risking corruption.
We need to give an "ACD" agent voice mail functionality.

In order to accomplish what I need to, I must give the TN CLS = HTA, FNA, MWA and declare a Hunt and FDN number. Simple enough to a regular phone, but this phoneset is acquired by Symposium.

Is the proper procedure to: de-acquire the set in Symposium(or is the command programmed in LD 11 on the switch?), disable the port in the switch, nul out any keys having ACD functionality, completely delete the set in the switch, enable the port, build a new set on that TN with the correct CLS, FDN and Hunt information, input the TN number and then acquire it in Symposium.

I certainly don't want to risk corrupting a database, but yuk, this seems like an awful lot of work to make basic switch changes to a set that have nothing to do with ACD functionality.

My question is: Are there any guidelines as to what can and/or cannot be done to a Symposium agents's phoneset?

Sincerely and thanks,
tonyrico

You should always deaquire the set in Symposium before making any changes to the set on the PBX.

personally , I would not take the risk. I was told by my vendor that any changes that need to be done to a set that is aquire in symposium deaquire first.

I have made CLS changes many times with no ill effects.
Recently changed 100+ agents due to new voice mail system dn.
Would not do anything else though.

Yes you can make changes to SECC and SCCS acquired set, as long as you don't do easy changes...Refer to Product Bulletin excerpt below:

P 2004-0345 Global, Rev.1
P 2004-0345 Global, Rev.1 - Supported modifications on a phone set acquired by Symposium Call Center Server or Symposium Express Call Center
(PDF, 189 KB, Dec 06, 2004)
This bulletin replaces previous version of P 2004-0345 Global. This product bulletin documents the administrative modifications that are supported on Nortel Networks* Symposium Call Center Server or Symposium Express Call Center acquired devices. Testing of basic administrative modifications (moves, adds & changes) was performed on various set types configured on a Succession 1000M system. The sets were part of an ACD group and were configured on an SCCS system for ACD call control purposes.

I still don't trust it. Also, note from the bulletin that they were testing on the latest software. Even without Symposium, I have experienced a lot of pain making changes to FDN, Hunt and other call redirection parameters on ACD phones.

Its always advisable to de-acquire/acquire the phone-set before/after making any feature changes to take effect on it.

I've noticed that most of the time there is no harm in doing changes before de-acquiring the set & then acquiring it, but some time the set doesn't respond to new settings if not de-acquired before changes and acquird after changes, so I've to either disable & enable the phone and then acquired it.

Above referred documents are really good to know the administration of SCCS/SCCE acquired devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back