Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming before all modules are connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

libellis

Technical User
Apr 9, 2007
US
With only the Modular ICS Core Unit available, along with the associated PCMCIA card, can all system programming (i.e. stations, trunks) be done before any of the station or trunk expansion modules are physically connected to the CORE Unit's port expansion cartridges (or if the port expansion cartridges are not yet installed)?

Same question about programming before a cartridge (e.g. DTI or analog trunk) is physically installed in an expansion module that is already connected to the Core Unit.

I don't think you can program a DN that would be on a Station Module but if all sets are the same not a big deal, copy.

You would have to go into hardware to tell the KSU it will have a DTI card.

Are you swapping out or new?

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Changing a key system configuration with many Centrex analog trunks to one with two PRIs to replace those lines. To avoid a very disruptive installation, thought it might be easier to just obtain another Core Unit, put a 6-port fiber combo expansion cartridge in it and a DTI cartridge, do the new programming, turn-up the PRIs and then swap out the Core Units.
Looks like it will be major disruption instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back