Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming a night key on a 2616 phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipierrot

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
CA
My PBX is a CS1000 Option 51c version 4.5 Is it possible to program a night service key on a 2616 phone. When that key is pressed the incoming calls will ring at that phone plus a second phone. Can this also be done automaticaly, the night service turns on at 6pm and off at 8 AM. If it is possible how do I program a manual night service and a automatic night service.

Thanks

You might want to consider building a time of day schedule though your voice mail system, so that when the calls come in on the main number, it goes straight to voice mail, through a time of day schedule, then sends it back to the main phone (will have to have the main number changed) during the day, or to an MCR key that appears on the main phone and the secondary phone during night hours. After this you can add the MCR on multiple phones if you wish without having to mess with any other parameters, other than adding the MCR key.
The main factor to think about in this scenario though, is how amny lines you have to and from your voice mail and how many calls you get. If you have a lot of calls, you could end up blocking voice mail access, which may not be a good thing, but a few should not cause any problems.

You can build a nite schedule in LD 15 under the NIT gate opener. It will let you define where calls to the main number are to go.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

quick answer.... no.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Unfortunately without a console your system is in night mode all the time.

You can use Day/Night IDC Tables, and add a DRC Key to a phone. You do not need a console to activate/deactivate a DCR Key

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Can you elaborate on programming a DRC key. I am more familiar with Norstar programming but I do some Meridian programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back