Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming a MICS 7.1 with a Valcom 2006 Paging unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

datajockey123

Technical User
Aug 23, 2007
CA
I have a car dealer that has 4 zones on a Valcom 2006. Recently the KSU was upgraded with 7.1 software and in doing so the programming for the zones was lost.
I have the hand sets programmed in to their respective zones i.e. Sales zone 1, Parts & Service zone 2, etc.
When I program the department button using F*3, choose a button and press F611 for zone 1 and continue on with the rest of the zones, F612, F613, F614 all I get is the sets in the group. I need to get the speakers in those respective departments to work as well.
Is it F621 and F622, to get zone speakers to work as well?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Datajockey123

Should be Feasture *3 631, 632, 633, 634 for both sets and speakers. If you want just the speakers mit's 621, 622, 623, 624.

I am not so sure the zone module is listening until the third digit (when doing set and speakers) is pressed?

So to
page zone 1 for sets and speakers might be F6311
page zone 2 for sets and speakers might be F6322
and so on

To page just the speakers for zone 1 then F621
To page just the speakers for zone 2 then F622
and so on

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I don't believe digital sets will send out DTMF on the page port. Are you sure the paging adapter is not connected to a CO port?

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back