Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

programming a incoming number to call forward externally on a mics 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladytelcom

Vendor
Nov 27, 2013
US
thread799-1668222
Hi I have copied this from the above thread but since that was a uk system and mine is us wanted to make sure it will work.
ironhorse17 (TechnicalUser)
1 Dec 11 12:03

Externally Call Forward a Phone: Note: You must have at least 4.1 software to execute this feature. Build a Route: Services - Show Ringing Service - Next to Routing Service - Show Routes - Show Show Route: 001 - Show Dialout: No Number - Leave alone - Next Use: ( ) - Change to Pool you want it to use. (Pool A) DN Type: Public Build a Destination Code: Routing Service - Show Routes - Next Dest Codes - Show Show destcode: - Add DstCode: (enter code) - OK Normal: 000 - Change to route built - Show AbsorbLength: ALL Don't have to worry about Night schedule etc. Make sure the phone has Allow Redirect set to Yes and that you've allowed it access to the line pool you're using. Then simply walk up to the phone and press Call Forward Button or Feature 4 Dial the destination code + phone number. All calls that ring on the phone will be forwarded! All calls, including IC calls. So if you want one particular line to be forwarded but not others, simply program ONLY that line to appear & ring on the set. Note: If you have a PRI then you are already using a route and destination code to get out to begin with so you can just use the same code to do the external call forwarding. If you want the CF to be on a No Answer condition, program the cell number including the destination code in the CFNA heading of Capabilities for the station you want to forward. That way you will get the forward after a specified # of rings...

this is what i need to do

I have a mics 6.1 and currently am using pots lines but will be getting a pri soon. I have 1 number that when we get it ported will need to be forwarded to an answering service off site. I have not worked with PRI's on the norstar and not really clear on how to program the number coming in to a target line to go to the ext. It also needs to go to the reception desk but I can also program the line to ring on the assistant for the doctor so that only her number forwards and not all the other numbers that come in. I have tested doing redirect with the pots because we thought that the line was going to port sooner than it has. I haven't set up my routing yet because right now I just have all the lines on all the phones. Any help would be appreciated Thank You.

What part do you need help with? sorry but I dont see any direct question.

See our FAQ's section ofr pointers:

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Sorry just wanted to confirm what i had copied from ironhorse was what was needed to externally call forward a line. Wanted to verify that was how I needed to route it.

Targets are like normal lines where you can just assign Line 157 to a set just like like a POTS line 001.

What I do at home or office as an example when i forward to the same number all the time (my mobile):
Program Dest code of 7 to use Route 002
Program Route 002 to dial XXX-XXXX (my mobile) and to use Pool/PRI

When I leave office:
Feature 4, 7 that's it!

Callpilot has a feature "Express Messaging" to perm forward a target line.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back