Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programmator

Status
Not open for further replies.

delphilord

Programmer
Nov 10, 2003
IR
Finally I completed my KXTA308-KXTA616 accounting software.
It is really nice!
But i want to add aprogrammator to my program.
could any one tell me some thing about commands format?
Any Idea?
I emailed the authora of an other programmator.
But I am not sure the answer me or not.If any one has any info ,Please send it to me.

I have looked at "Programmator". Seems simple enough and thorough, but have avoided it due to the review posted on under their FAQ (keep in mind they are a Panasonic vendor).

"What is Programmator Software?

Programmator (also known as the Russian Software) is a Windows based software tool for programming Panasonic systems. It is available for sale on the World Wide Web. The problem is that simply DOES NOT WORK. Not only does it not work, it can damage your system beyond repair. It is not a Panasonic product nor does Panasonic endorse it. This is a total waste of money, time and warranty.

The Panasonic KX-TD Series of Digital Super Hybrid Systems (DSHS) and the Panasonic KX-TVS Series of Voice Processing Systems (VPS) are found in nearly every corner of the world.

Programmator does not take this into consideration. Using this software could (and probably will), cause voltage changes on internal components and actual damage to the motherboard and power supply. You void any warranty with Panasonic by using this software.

Here is a better solution.

Allow KX-TD.COM or any Certified Dealer to initially program your system. After that, you may make changes to the system through any system display telephone connected to Jack Number 01. It’s quick, easy and safe.

If you purchase or have purchased your equipment directly from KX-TD.com or one of KX-TD.com’s dealers, and if you have purchased the Remote Programming Unit (RMU), you will receive up to 90 minutes of free programming per phone system and 90 minutes of free programming per Voice Processing System. We recommend that you take advantage of this offer.

Yes i knw this.But i want to create a persian program like programmator.Not to program my own pbx

Programmator does not take this into consideration. Using this software could (and probably will), cause voltage changes on internal components and actual damage to the motherboard and power supply. You void any warranty with Panasonic by using this software."

I know ALOT about serial connections, the software that use them, and the voltages that are in play. What they are saying does not sound right. Also, the quote "could, and probably will" indicates that MOST users of the Programmator broke their phone systems. Don't you think you would have seen a post (by someone other than this dealer) complaining that they broke the phone system using this program?

They want to protect their business and Panasonic, I wonder if they don't mind lying to do it (I don't use the software either, by the way).

This is not true. I have used Programmator for years and it has never damaged anything. I use it on a KX-TD located 150 miles away. Never had a problem.

MK

This is what kx-td told me:
The programmator does not access even half of the programming fields in the kx-tXXX database. Subsequently, when the programmator software writes to the database, it could over-write the setting for voltage regulation from 120V to 220V or vice versa. Doing this could fry your system.

Now, that is what they said. I had used the software also several times with no problems and have heard on no one having a problem using it.

But, now I don't use it cause they put the fear of Ohm's law in me. . . . <grin>

hey we are talking about a 308 or 616
they can be admin-ed by keypad in a few mins
why would you spend you life trying to reinvent the wheel?
I might add they will soon all be replaced by sd technology
that will most likley come with a GUI!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back