Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programmatically Editing List Of Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashridharan

Technical User
Aug 19, 2001
US
Hi All.
Can i programmatically change the list of values for a given object ??? I mean, i want to populate /edit the list of values based on a query that i specify.
Thanks
Ashish

What kind of a query did you have in mind? If the query is run within the universe, it should be possible and even easy.

When u try something like this from the VBA editor for macros

Application.ActiveDocument.DataProviders.Item(1).Universe.Classes(1).Objects(1).ListOfValues.Edit

what happens is that a new query panel opens up which is basically for the LOV query.
Now the requirement is that the condition that goes into the query for the LOV is to come from the end user.
I have to include the value entered by the user as the condition for the LOV query.
now this is not possible directly from the query panel. Hence, i need to do some programmatic interference to the LOV query.
The 'EDIT' method for the dataprovider object only opens up the query panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back