Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROGRAMING SEQUENCE MICS TRUNKS to be ANSWERED OR NOT BY VOICE MAIL 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldjamesh

Vendor
May 23, 2011
US
Hello, I need to change programming on a MICS system to add an external door intercom system to an unused CO line port.
I have worked on numerous Nortel Norstar systems but up until now none with voice mail.
All the lines, active and inactive are currently programmed to immediately be answered by the AA/Voice mail.
Could someone please expain how I can change the programming so the AA/Voicemail does not answer this line?
We want this intercom (CO Line Port)to ring 5 different extensions which I know how to program.
THANKS!
Ron

I will give that a try when I go back out to the site.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Thanks curly cord. All worked after following your instructions.
Thanks again!
Ron

Hello,
An issue has developed with the above scenario that I would like to correct if possible.
I programmed the line that the door intercom is using to ring at 5 extensions and the loud shop ringer extension by adding the ring only to those extensions (no appearance).
Problem is if the inbound door intercom call is not answered, after about 5 rings it eventually goes to the voice mail box of one of the ringing extensions.
Is there any way to set this up so the line just keeps ringing and never gets answered by any voice mail?
Thanks!

The only way to override the call forwarding to voice mail is to put the the door phone line in a hunt group, but that depends on which software is running in your MICS.

Marv

Thanks Marv and CurlyCord!
I will try when I get back out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back