Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

programer challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcloud

Programmer
Sep 20, 2000
US
I have a problem I have been trying to conqure for the last several months, I have posted parts of my problem here & have had some helpful results but being a beginner at programing access I guess I just can't get it yet so I am going to post this example in a very simple form, forgive me for being novice I am cramming as much text learning in as I can, Daily!!! Here goes: You make 2 tables, 2 fields each, the first table is apples, in this table one field is the discription of the apple(like "crab apple") the second field is the cost of that apple. The other table is named"Oranges" with 2 fields, first is the type of orange the second field is the cost of the orange.
Once the tables have been filled with the data you create a selection form with 2 list boxes, 1 for each table showing the discription of the fruit and the cost. a user then selects multiple items from each list. say 3 types of apples and 2 types of oranges, then you create a report showing each item selected from both list boxes with the cost oof each and the report has a field wich shows the total cost of all the fruit selected. this field must be a numeric so you can calculate tax if neede in another box. Wheew!! Is this too much or do I need to hit the books hard again. I have tried Access 97 programming for dummies, Access 97 secrets, and a couple other access programing books to no avail. please help if you can or point me in the right direction on wich book or books can help!! Thanx

What exactly is the problem? Do you not understand how to do any of it, part of it, or ...? If you could be more specific as to your exact problem, we might be able to offer some suggestions. :)

This is your typical orders scenario. You need to look at Northwind to get an idea. If you don't already have it, download Orders.mdb from Microsoft and study that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back