Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programatically mapping a drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsnider

Programmer
Apr 29, 2002
US
In VB6, you could use API WnetAddConnection2 to establish a new drive mapping. What is the best way to add/remove drive mappings from a .NET application, programatically? The reason for this need is that we have an App that sends data to many different servers, Netware and Windows and do not want to keep connections open to all of them at once.

Have you looked into FolderBrowserDialog Component. I think there is one for files too. I downloaded 101 VB.NET samples. I say something on files in there. I'll look if I have time this afternoon, or you might want to D/L it. It has a lot of good examples in it.

Thanks bigfoot. I will take a look. Bear in mind, that I need this to happen in a batch mode with no user intervention. Supplying username, password, server, share will all be automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back