Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programatically copying data between servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgsteeldev

Programmer
Feb 5, 2004
US
Hello I have an interesting problem. I recently started a new job, so I am now low man on the totem pole. I have been tasked with creeating an application that allow custom updating of a test SQL server with data from a Production server. For example, the application should allow the user to specifiy either a single table in a database, several tables in a single database, or the entire database. I then need to be able to refresh the tables or databases selected with the current data from the production server. I am planning on writing the application in ASP.net using VB.Net. I would like to be abl to run a SP on the server that takes the information entered by the user and retrieves the data. I know that could write a "mother of all" cross platform Update Insert script. What I need help with is knowing if SQL server has any built in SPs that might accept table or DB name paramaters and either retrieve or push data.

Thanks

JPG

Here we go Royals! Here we go!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back