Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

program to program communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfanddot

Programmer
Feb 21, 2002
US
Thank you even if you can't answer![sadeyes]
Does anyone know of or explain a method of either communicating between two program (one main, one child)
in a dos environment.
I need to either start a program from within another program with some starting arguments and ignore the program, or i need to constantly pass information between the two. the first method is prefered because the starting arguments are ment to be the address of a class where the main program can change value and the child program can read the values. although any working method to get me going will work fine.[thumbsup2]

i found a library for multithreading after i posted the message. i havent used it yet but have read the instuctions/description and found it close to what im looking for yet not exactly. ive modified the programm that im working on to simulate multithreading and windowsmessaging and right now it is working fine.
if any one wants a glimps windowsmessaging part reply and if anyone is looking for a dos multithreading library reply also. thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back