Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

program to manage workstation policy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonasggg

Technical User
Sep 30, 2003
UY
hello,

is there any program which can help me to take control over other workstations such as preventing installing new programs or locking system configurations, etc.

thanks in advance

If you use a domain you should take advantage of Group Policy. Here is a wee intro about it:

If not you could achieve the functionality using local policy - but that is very labour intensive to maintain - run gpedit.msc to have a look, limit is the policy is local. When I did a school setup a while back I actually used a set of reg files that I exported from the registry once I had used gpedit to define some policies; this worked as a cheap and nasty way to apply the same configuration changes to multiple workstations.

Otherwise there is a tool called Script Logic Desktop Authority that you may like to look into as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back