Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program to make a huge banner in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperlord

Technical User
Jun 18, 2002
US
Hi there - long time no talk!

Anyhow - I'm gonna design a banner for my magazine. I want to use PS b/c I can make something very cool. But am scared that b/c I'll need to render my text and images to apply filters to.. by the time it's blown up massively... the image will pixelate.

Can someone shed some light on this matter for me? I have AI, and I know I can create basic stuff in it and have it blown up to 229458% and still never lose resolution b/c they're vector-based.

Do I need to stick to AI - or is there a safe way to make the image in PS?

Thanks - nate

ps - the banner will be a big one - maybe 3 feet wide by 8 feet long.
Gracias Knowledge enormous makes a God of me.

Hi Nate,

I think you should stick to A.I. for this one. Don't know what you can do about adding filters to the fonts though. Try asking in the Illustrator forum.

Hope this helps!
greenjumpy.gif
NATE
design@spyderix-designz.com

Hi Nate,
I just created artwork for some trade show booth panels that is around 10' x 10' and I did it in Photoshop. The file was created at 150dpi, RGB and was at actual size. I found it's best to create artwork at the actual size. There are problems when it is scaled up before output. But Spyder is correct, that it is normally better to use a vector base application like Illustrator. But you can also use photoshop elements and place them in the illustrator file.

Stick with Illustrator. -----------------------------------------------
These are endless galaxies which are yours.
You can journey to infinity
through the endless passages of the cosmos.
Even better. This all belongs to you.
This is your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back