Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program runs on certrain machines but not on others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galyl

Programmer
Nov 21, 2001
ZA
Once again Im here to beg for help.

I developed my application in VB6 SP5. I compiled it, created a setup program, and installed it on other computers at work to test it.

My problem is that on one of the PCs it does not work. All the machines are running Win 98 SE with MS Office 2000. I have downladed the latest version of MDAC_TYP.exe, that didnt help. I have checked that all the PCs are running the same version of IE. Updating IE didnt help. I have recompiled my appliction and reinstalled it, didnt help, it still run on all the other PCs except the one giving me trouble.

If anyone can give me advise I would really appreciate it.

Sounds like a file dependency problem. I would run dependency walker ( a good machine and compare its results to the problem machine.

Mostlikely you have an old dll that you can un-register and replace with a new version.

An install resouce I use in it is geared mainly towards Installshield but it has other resources.

Also you can check M$ Dll Help Database to check dll versions and what they were installed with.

hth
Corey

I am asked for a username and password for Dependency Walker, and there it is not possible to register on the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back