Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program only runs under admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2002
US
I have some remote users who have installed Printmaster 12 under the administrator account. When they login as a regular user the program will not run. No error message, just nothing what so ever. It will run fine as admin though. I have given the local users admin rights on the local machine, this does not seem to work though.

Any ideas?

This is a remote machine that I have only been able to access through Timbuktu, so my troubleshooting ability is limited. Also, the Admin account that is setup on the local machines does not logon to the domain, could this be an issue with user rights? It doesn't seem to apply to any other programs installed.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Can you uninstall the software and then reinstall it from one of users you've now given local admin rights too? (Are these domain user ids?). No idea if suggestion would make a difference (could it be a permissions rather than privilege problem - ie, Adminstrator user has full permissions generated during the install to files(s)/folder(s) which are need to run the app - nobody else has?)

Installed the program as the user with admin rights. It worked!Thank goodness only one user needs access to this machine. I wish I could probe it some more, it is in another county miles and miles from me.

Thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back