Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program Neighborhood vs PN Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRPGroup

MIS
Jun 22, 2005
CA
Just wonder what is recommended for workstation installs. Should we be deploying both the PN & PN Agent together or are these designed to be used separately.

After a bit of testing I noticed I have to enter credentials separately for both and when there is a change to published apps both have to be refreshed separately. Do you find this will this just confuse users and create more support calls?

I would always recommend using the PN Agent for those non techies as the apps fit str8 into your start menu. Long as the user is logged into the domain etc correctly the apps just appear.

Reason you are getting the double logins is prob because you ve not turned on integrated logins in the clinent...

AJ

===

Fatman Superstar (Andrew James)

CCNA

I was considering single signon for clients inside the office but thought everyone should be forced to logon when connecting from outside the office for security reasons.

Can the PN or PN Agent connect to the farm from a WAN connection?

Currently we are using the web client only Int/Ext but I am just looking at pushing out the PN/PN Agent shortly.

It can as long as the ports are open, if you are not using VPN i would recommend using https for the PN Agent with a public certificate.

===

Fatman Superstar (Andrew James)

CCNA

I have an CAG, but still learning how to use it. I am assuming the CAG will give me the ability to do this?

Another question I have is, can I use the CAG to allow staff to upload a file(s) to our internal network but not give the ability to download files.

I have some fujitsu scanners that are NOT twain compliant and want them to be able to upload scanned files while in the field.

I know CTX has scanner capability but just wondering if I switch to some of the 20 pg/min twain scanners can the ctx connection over the internet keep up?

I noticed when I add a shortcut to the clients start menu its popping up fine, but if i remove the checkbox it does not remove it from the start menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back