Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyboy58

Technical User
Jul 6, 2005
US
1st my apologies for the question...
I wish to interact with an independent Application's database's forms... other than sending tabs to move between fields and the copy/paste the information, is it possible to interact to obtain field names and then directly query the fields???
I have no means of obtaining the documentation of this application but wish to collect data from it.

What database is the application using? MSSQL, mySQL, Oracle??

With that information we can maybe help

I know that it is a customized Peoplesoft so Oracle would be used but I will never have "rights" to it. It is used to deliver work orders to an Inbox and I simply need to collect names, business unit, etc then package them into emails to vendors.

If this is a legitimate application that you are writing then your best route is to ask the DB admin for access to a View that contains the info that you need. Otherwise you will need to do some screen capture stuff. Do a forum search for screen capture as this has been discussed several times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back