Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program keeps trying to load at each startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

katman96

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
I have some Windows program (update?) that is trying to install each time XP starts. It is prompting me to insert Microsoft Office SR-1 Small Business CD. I cancel out of it and everything runs fine. I dont have the CD handy, so I was wondering how I can eliminate this from happening.

Go to run, type msconfig and see if you see it in there and uncheck it. This may or may not be the right direction.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

yes : START>RUN>type MSCONFIG and then select the STARTUP tab. There you can see the programs that run at startup and uncheck the ones you don't want to run. Then restart the computer and see if that helps.

Go back to Windows Update, let it identify again the needed Office Update, and then use Advanced Options to tell it to ignore the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back