Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program errors on all exe files

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRX2099

Technical User
Mar 26, 2003
US
OK I have a P4 1.8 gig CPU with 512 megs kingston ram, dual monitor system running under win2000 with SP3 and all the latest windows updates and service packs. I also have a 60 GIG boot drive partionited to a 15 gig boot drive and 45 gig for starage, also a SCSI 20 gig with a adaptec 2940UW card. Whenever I try to run any .exe ( i can random select one even if its a winzip selfextractor or install .exe file)files it errors and say its creating a error log,and i should restart the program. , ok nothing is showing up in the event viewer for those errors... It was doing this before a little, but now its like all the time every exe, I do have a few things open in my tray, Norton, Norton Ghost, Nvidia quicktweak, and Nvidia Expert tools,Choicemail and ICQ but i have to about close all windows that are open and close those apps that will let me in the tool tray to actually install or use a exe files anymore. what is causing this i am getting real aggravated . I even have a huge swap file set up 768 for drive C and 256 for the other drives, set for application.I noticed back when i had to reload my software and reformat my drive seems the less is on the less or rarely it does this, and yes i hve defragged m drive recently once a month

Have you probed to uninstall all programs like norton or nvidia drivers?. They could be causing conflicts due to incompatibility.
I have bad experiences with some Norton uitilities, cause they mess with the windows registry and corrupt it.
After uninstalling, check the registry with an utility like RegClaner and delete all orphan keys.

Hope this could help you kRayGeR -
All donations are welcome!!!
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back