Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program Does not Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanyakumar

Technical User
Feb 25, 2001
IN
Hi...
I have developed this software in VB...on an WIN 2000 machine. When I package it and the install the software on the machine(on which it was compiled) it works fine. But when I install it on another 2000 machine it installs it but the program does execute...I click on it and it just flickers and nothing more happens. I have checked all the dll's required but cant seem to figure out the problem.
Can anyone think of something obvious or common that I am not aware of?
Thanks
Tanya

I presume it's not just an execuitable prg but a distributeable ver in which you have to click on "setup.exe" .

I would check the permissions to make sure you can READ & WRITE on that other machine. Another possibility is that the registry is READ ONLY and you'd have to be given full control to modify it...ask the admin to check the directory and file permissions.

--MiggyD It's better to have two heads to solve a problem from different angles than to have tunnel vision to a dead end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back