Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Program button to display voicemail from our General Mailbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike603

Programmer
Feb 24, 2022
US
Hi

I am very new to programming a Nortel phone but here goes. I would like to program a button on my Nortel T7613 or T7613e so that it displays a notification of a new voicemail in our general mailbox. Just the typical button on the right side of the phone with an arrow. Sort of like when we see a line being used.

Thanks
Mike

Can't be done. Best you can do is have the light flash BUT you must have T7316er telephone AND at least 6.1 software.

What is wrong with the "Message For You" that is displayed on the screen?
Did you turn on the message indicator in vmail admin?
Did you associate the general mailbox with the receptions DN?

Which KSU model?
What software level?

Which Voice Mail system model?
What software level?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I am unsure of our version for CallPilot but I know it isn't 6.1.

There is nothing wrong with the phone at the receptions desk. I am 4 floors away and would like to have a visual cue on my phone if there was a voicemail left in the General Mailbox.

We do associate the general mailbox with the receptions DN.

Sorry that I can't be more detailed on software versions. The reception phone is a Nortel M7324.

You can only have 1 notification per phone which is typically used for your own mailbox.

4 Options:

If you do not have your own mailbox:
-In Vmail admin add your DN as one of 4 Alternate ext's

-Add a second phone at your desk and do the above

-Check the mailbox every so often from your phone, add intervals to your calendar if needed
Feature 981 (or press your mailbox key) OTHER, 100, Password
If you are 4 digits then use 1000

-Set up Off Prem Notify which can call your DN, Mobile or even a Hunt Group.

Software versions:
-look at the software cards and/or:
-in voicemail admin press 9, in telephone admin go to maintenance for system version.

If you do not know admin passwords, how to enter programming and navigate then you should call a tech in (or a remote session via phone)

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you for your replys.

I like the option of having a second phone nearby.

So again, a newbie on this kind of programming. How do I add the general mailbox to my second phone? And the general mailbox will still be at the receptionists desk as well?

I'm sure you are rolling your eyes at this point.

As already stated add your second phone as an Alternate dn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back