Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

program attendant vector with menu options 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

widemal

Technical User
Oct 7, 2003
US
We have an Avaya 8700. Our present attendant vector works fine, but I have been asked to add some menu options for callers that may not want to wait in a queue. I have tried to add the "collect" command. This doesn't work in the attendant queue. It works fine if I build a new non-attendant vector and route callers there, but then, of course, callers won't get answered by the operator when in the new vector because it isn't an attendant vector. Here is the present attendant vector config:

Attendant Vectoring? y Meet-me Conf n Lock? y
Basic? y EAS? n G3V4 Enhanced? y ANI/II-Digits? y ASAI Routing? n
Prompting? y LAI? n G3V4 Adv Route? y CINFO? y BSR? y Holidays? y

01 wait-time 0 secs hearing ringback
02 goto step 13 if holiday in table 1
03 goto step 13 if time-of-day is all 22:00 to all 07:30
04 goto step 13 if time-of-day is fri 17:00 to sat 08:00
05 goto step 13 if time-of-day is sat 12:00 to mon 07:30
06 queue-to attd-group
07 wait-time 4 secs hearing ringback
08 announcement 1111
09 wait-time 30 secs hearing music
10 announcement 1112
11 goto step 9 if unconditionally
12 stop
13 route-to number 8733 with cov n if unconditionally
14 stop

Here is a sample of what I would like to program:

01 wait-time 0 secs hearing ringback
02 goto step 14 if holiday in table 1
03 goto step 14 if time-of-day is all 22:00 to all 07:30
04 goto step 14 if time-of-day is fri 17:00 to sat 08:00
05 goto step 14 if time-of-day is sat 12:00 to mon 07:30
06 collect 4 digits after announcement 1121
07 route-to number 1003 with cov y if digit = 4
08 route-to number 1011 with cov y if digit = 9
09 route-to digits with coverage y
10 wait-time 60 secs hearing music
11 collect 4 digits after announcement 1122

Thanks for your help!

widemal,

try to split this vector into two parts: first vector (with attd vectoring off) should collect digits and route call based on them, and second vector (with attd vectoring on) should queue this call to attendant group. shoulda work.

Thanks for the response, dwalin, but one of the requirements for this is that a "live" person must answer the calls first, if available, before it even goes to the first (1st delay) announcement. This is where I have been asked to give callers other options. I need to give the same options in the second delay announcement also if the caller is in the queue that long. Any ideas? Thanks.

widemal,

well, make it vice versa then. in first you queue a call to attendant group and wait some time, then second vector w/o attd vectoring playing announcement and collecting digits. loop it up on the first and voila.

Thanks, dwalin. I made three new vectors. One is for the first delay message, the next one directs callers back to another attendant queue that starts with hold music and then the last one is the second delay message which will take them back to the attendant queue. It works fine.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back