Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progess bar without a DLL...is there such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpjaviman

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a progress bar in my Excel 2013 reports that has a .DLL file accompanying it and it works great for me. I tried to hand over to a co-worker and forgot to install the DLL file so it failed. Now I am trying to find a progress bar function that I don't have install something along with it. My co-workers don't have the same PC or laptop access that I do, so I need for it to work for anyone that utilizes the reports without external attachments.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
crpjaviman [rockband]

You can create your own Progress Bar out of regular, simple controls.
Place a Frame (small Height, long Width) and place a Label inside this Frame with the background color of your choice. Just increment the Width of the label to show the progress of your ... (whatever) :)

Have fun.

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

Thanks, Andy. I keep forgetting about working with forms. Let me try that and maybe I can work the .DLL out of the programming.

Thanks,
crpjaviman [rockband]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back