Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progamming bookmarks into PDF output 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1000

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
US
Does anyone have any examples of how to publish Crystal report groups as bookmarks in PDF output using the RDC/COM interface?

Is that even possible? I could not find any examples of this on the Business Objects site.

We programatically generate the Crystal 11 report to PDF output and would like to display the report groupings as bookmarks.

Thanks in advance.

Consider a 3rd-party tool as a solution (for a list of such tools, see
My Visual CUT software provides that functionality. You basically add a hidden formula for each group level and that takes care of adding the bookmarks. You can also control the color of the bookmarks (for example, make a red bookmark for a low-performing sales-rep and a green bookmark for a high-performing one).

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

I didn't notice you were on Crystal 11. Starting with Crystal XI R2, you have an option to generate bookmarks in pdf exports .

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back