Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mritorto

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2002
US
I have been getting the following error messages with my users roaming profiles I need help. here is the message

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 5/21/2002
Time: 8:18:25 AM
User:
Computer: WS061JC
Description:
Windows cannot copy file C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\ntuser.ini to location \\filecluster1\private_profiles$\tammy.lueng\ntuser.ini. Contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Are you getting this message while the users are logged on and currently using their profiles on other machines?

when the login in the morning after their pc was shut down the night before

This is from and includes the knowledge base article number with M$ suggested workaround.
[start of quote]
Userenv
Type Warning
Description Windows cannot copy file <path to source file> to location <path to destination file>. Contact your network administrator. DETAIL - <detail description>
Comments Adrian Grigorof: Detail: &quot;The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.&quot;: From a newsgroup posting: &quot;In order to get rid of these messages I had to stop the Norton AntiVirus Services.&quot;.

Juuso Haapala: Detail: &quot;Access is Denied&quot; - You get &quot;access denied&quot; everytime a file with read-only attribute is trying to be copied to \\%server%\profiles\%profilename%.
Links Q273473

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back