Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Profile Document Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

edove

Programmer
Nov 5, 2001
GB
Can anyone give me more insight into using Profile Documents based on a key (the user name).

I have designed a database so that everyone has their own profile document. The weird thing is, if you create your profile document on the server version of the database, it doesn't seem to work. I have frames that are based on a value in each users profile document and with the server copy even though the profile is set, the frames don't load. If you create a local copy of the database, create your profile in there and then replicate that down to the server, then frames will load on the server.

Not everyone will have a local copy of the database and I can't believe that you have to, in order for this kind of profile document to work.

Just to see, I deleted the local versions, to see if the server copy would still work and when I did, the server copy stopped working as before.

Any idea...

This is not a web based application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back