Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Profile-Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond30

Technical User
Oct 15, 2004
NL
I face the following problem:

when a Supervisor wants to log in to Symposium, they get the Error-message that they cannot log in to the Server, or server
Unreachable:
Troubleshooting found that the User-profile is corrupt.
The fix, is that deleting the user and remade it helps.
But this gives a lot of work, because the Supervisor has to de-assign all is agents, before the profile can be remade.

Has any-one faced this problem before?

greetz:

Raymond

I've run into this problem on Symposiums where the users names have accents and apostrophes in them. I've also seen this when a user's account is not deleted when he's left the company and the administrator modifies the ex-employee's account for a new hire (just changing the name and the employee log).

I believe that the Client patch 18 for Symposium 5.0 fixed an issue with corrupted users who couldn't run certain reports. The solution was to out and rebuild the user and it worked fine after that. Different problem but same remedy, perhaps that patch would work for it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back