Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Product Support Notice PSN006198 IP Office Release 11.1.3.0 Server Edition Cent OS 7 based software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

daken

Programmer
Jul 14, 2010
GB
Product Support Notice PSN006198
Product Support Notice
IP Office 11.1.3 is a minor software release with the following corrective content and minor enhancements. The details of the
features will be listed in the Tech Bulletin and documentation issued along with the 11.1.3 release. (Planned GA date 27th June 2023)
–Workplace Auto-Answer
–Self Contact Avatar
–46xxspecials.txt
–CEC Updates (cert levels)
–Hardware obsolescence (PRI/VCM)
IP Office 11.1.3.0 will contain only the following vulnerability fixes:
• WebManager and Webcontrol - Web Manager security response returned plain-text from the application
• WebManager and Webcontrol Platform and Software Versions Revealed - The server software versions used by the
application are revealed by the web server.
• External researcher Authenticated user file intervention - one-X portal File upload Vulnerability
Any future 11.1.3.x service packs will only contain bug fixes from Customer Found Defects (CFDs). There will not be any additional
CVE/vulnerability updates. Any further CVE’s and vulnerabilities will only be addressed in IP Office 12.0.
IP Office 12.0 will be based on Rocky Linux and will include regular CVE/vulnerability updates identified in RLSAs (Rocky
Linux Security Advisories) for robust security protection.

So much for N-1 support.
Sounds like we all must upgrade to version 12 for security fixes.

Saw that this morning. I'm curious of the PRI/VCM hardware obsolescence and what that means. I don't have many systems with PRI anymore, but there are a few out there.

Thanks for posting this not everyone gets the notifications but this is something people that work with Avaya IPO should be aware of.

I am with biv343 and curious on what hardware they scrap. PRI/VCM maybe they take off the old VCM1 with PRI on top or all VCM1 .... we will see soon.

They announce 27th June so mid July I guess :)

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

The upgrade process for R12 should be interesting when that gets published. I only have a few SE systems left (Avaya is winding down in my patch), and all are still on 11.0.4. I have two essential edition systems on 11.1 but that was due to the 500V2A requirement.

PRI(as well as BRI and PSTN) are being switched off here in the UK by 2025 but how are things in other markets?

I guess some sites have upgraded to SIP trunks but others have gone hosted.

VCM1 has been end of sale for a few years but perhaps support will be dropped.

I guess Avaya did themselves not a big favour with their "we go all cloud" idiocy
We have not sold a new Avaya system in a long time because we were not sure where they go from here. We installed a ton of other brands and Avaya would have been double the price but I have to also say that they are better for the end users. I like the programming variety of our other brands but the user experience is unmatched.

I also guess that they finally terminate VCM1 so that they can force customers to buy new hardware if they upgrade.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back