Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Product Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBergkamp10

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2002
CA
Hi,

I am working on a report using OEHDRHST and OELINHST to try and show what we sold our product for (how much $ speaking) and what we actually PAID for the product ourselves. I am using the Unit_Cost field from the OELINHST, but my boss insists that this cost is coming in higher than it should be. I want to know what we actually paid for the goods that we bought and imported into the county. I have a feeling the OELINHST_SQL.Unit_Cost is the wrong field and perhaps even the wrong module. Should I be looking at IMINVLOC perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

First you would have to check your setting in the IM Setup for your costing method. Average, Std, Last, Lifo, Fifo?

Then which version of Macola, ES or Progression ? In ES I would use the GBKMUT as it has the sales price, the purchase price and variances all groups according to the Article Code (European for Item Number.

Also check your OE setup "cost to use when posting" flag. answer this question and 2x4's question and we can help you.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Hi and thx for your response. I am currently using 7.5.103e for production as I'm in the middle of the upgrade to 7.6

My OE setup is using price code cost type = Standard Cost and it is using priority price code use (if that is applicable)

For inventory setup, it using R for Last......which is strange IMO as I've noticed that sometimes our last cost jumps up to an impossibly high number on SOME products, I.e. we have one product that we purchase for 7.46 a unit, yet the last cost somehow reads....8.74 which would be impossible given that we are using the American/Canadian exchange rate which is closer to par these days......very strange. And there doesn't seem to be a variance.....

Please look at your OE setup cost to use when posting flag. Std cost is not an option, it is either L-Line Item or A-Actual.

I have no insight on your last cost issue, but you have to enter the exchange rate on a regular basis. Is anyone doing this?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

No, nobody to my knowledge is entering the exchange rate.

Please answer my question about cost to use when posting in OE setup. Standard is not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back