Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Producing structured flowcharts from COBOL source code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonRigby

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
GB
I have inherited a number of COBOL programs with no documentation for them. I have found a tool on the web (Powerstructure) which can take ANSI COBOL source and from this produce detailed structure flowcharts, BUT, it costs a few hundred dollars, and there's no available demo to check it out.

Does anyone know of a similar utility/tool which can do this, and is available as freeware or in demo form?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

nope sorry. i think big bucks are the order of the day. although i did notice that you can buy an older version of powerstructure for about 70 bucks. maybe that is more reasonable.

Most software houses do have evaluation versions of their products for those who request them. They wouldn't make much money otherwise. Have you tried contacting the softwares' vendor yet to see what is on offer??

There's a new one out there at:

codediscovery.com

email info@codediscovery.com to get the userid and Pw to access the site and sign up. They are beta testing right now. It's interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back