Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procurve Teaming ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaz

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2002
US
How do I team ports for multiple NIC's with the same IP address on our Procurve2650? I was told I could team ports like a Cisco Switch but from the telnet session Ican't figure this out. What is the line commands to team ports together? There is no documentation on commands in a telnet session.
Thanks

Hi flaz -

What the NIC vendors call 'teaming' is called 'trunking' in ProCurve parlance.

Your first step is to choose a trunking/teaming method that it compatible with both the switch and your end node (you did not mention whether it is a Windows machine, linux, etc.) and teaming software, if any. On the 2650's feature list ( you will see LACP, HP Trunking, and Fast EtherChannel.

The Management and Config Guide(ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/59903062.pdf) tells you on page 9-11 where to go in the manual for information regarding each of the three trunking types.

You asked for documentation on the "TELNET" interface, but you did not mention whether you prefer the menu or the Command Line Interface (CLI). For the menu, choose: "2. Switch Configuration", then "2. Port/Trunk Settings". If you are confused about your options at that point, choose "Help".

Good luck,
Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back