Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm window goes "Inactive"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordova5601

Technical User
Aug 12, 2010
US
I'm having an issue with a PC. The Procomm window is constantly going inactive. The cursor disappears and you have to physicallly click the Procomm window to use the keyboard again. I thought something was running in the background causing Procomm to go idle, but I am not seeing anything. I restarted the computer thinking it would clear out but I am still having the issue. Any ideas?

I think I may have found the solution. I saw that a check mark was next to Meta Keys under the View tab. I unchecked this and the gentleman doesn't seem to have the issue anymore. I am not very familiar with Procomm at all, does this sound like this would have caused the problem?

The gentleman just informed me that the issue is still ongoing and the Meta Key did not fix the problem. :-(

It sounds like the Procomm window is losing focus. By that I mean another program or 'pop-up' is seizing focus, disabling keyboard input into Procomm.

This sounds a lot like a PEBKAC situation. (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.)

kodr is probably on the right track. Once the user clicks back on the Procomm window, is everything OK? Is he still connected and able to interact with the remote system? If so, I would think the issue is something on the system grabbing focus and not in Procomm itself. You could try temporarily disabling a lot of the startup tasks and see if that helps narrow down an application that could be causing the problem.

That's exactly what I was thinking too, something in the background is running, because yes once the user clicks on Procomm it is fine. I wanted to see if anyone thought it might be another issue. I appreciate your input! Now to go find the pesky program causing the problem....FUN! Thank you again guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back