Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm Script vs. DDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

isey78

Programmer
Apr 10, 2007
US
So I've been playing around with executing DDE commands using VB.net as the client and Procomm as the server. I ran into an error when trying to execute a command and now this janky script is like embedded into Procomm or something. Here is an image

ss_px2ltd.png

I know it's from the DDE command I was testing

Code:
Dim strCmd As String = "aspectcmd usermsg " & Chr(34) & "Test Successful!" & Chr(34)
client.Connect()
client.Execute(strCmd, 5000)

That $dde0F28 is not in my script directory and I can't find a way to remove it.
[ul]
[li]When I execute $dde0F28 from Procomm I get a usermsg that says "Test Successful!".[/li]
[li]I have "View Hidden Files" turned on so the file isn't hidden.[/li]
[li]I tried changing the script directory and that does make the script go away.[/li]
[li]I even tried deleting it from an elevated command prompt[/li]
[/ul]
ss2_peoimi.png

It isn't vital, it's just annoying. Any advice would be appreciated!

Is it possible you've changed the scripts directory to another value than the default directory under your Procomm install? I'm not a computer with Procomm on it at the moment, but you can check that value in the Settings dialog.

The script file path look correct, but as it's on the C drive under Program Files, I'm wondering if this is still a Windows 7 onwards security problem. They tightened up read and write for any software loaded up in Program files.

There are ways around this by altering the security to allow "everyone" in properties etc. The easiest way is to move some of the folders to another area and then alter the paths inside Procomm to point to the new folder location. Look under "Options", "Data Options", "Paths" and I would change all 5 areas.

Some of my colleagues have even deleted Procomm and reinstalled it in a different path without the "Program Files" in it such as C:\Programs\Symantec\Procomm Plus etc.

That sorted out their problems as they could then edit the e.g. pw5.dir directory file, which couldn't be done before.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back