Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm Plus 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustinn3

MIS
Oct 31, 2001
US
I'm having trouble connecting to our switch with procomm plus. I get connected using att 4410 emulation but all I get on the screen is |||||`|```|`||`|```||`|``|||``|```. I'm using a 3com 56k fax modem and using 8N1. I'm also connecting thru the rmats port. What type of protocol should I be using?

Thanks!
Dustin

Hi
Looks like the connection speed of Procom is not correct.
Check Line setup again.

Thanks for the help! Changing it 19200 worked, but now I can't login using any of my accounts I've got super-user access and I couldn't see anything in settings that would restrict remote access.

Thanks!

Dustin

You enter login, password and have incorrect login - disconnected or may be some chalenge/response, what you have there? Which version of switch do you have? Have you dadmin login password enabled?

Hi Dustinn3,

Try dropping the speed down to 9,600 and hit enter a couple of times.

Hope this helps,

Chris

I've tried dropping the speed to 9600 but all I get is garbage. 19200 is the only speed that actually gives me a login. I get an access denied error when trying cust or rcust. I'm running a G3SI V6.3. I didn't see a dadmin login. Do you have to create one?

Thanks!

Dustin

Do a 'disp log cust' and check whether 'Access to INAD port' is set to yes. This mihgt be the problem.

I don't have that option, do you have to purchase it?

Did you replace "cust" with your login name? There is an option in the login administration form for "Access to INADS Port". If it is set to "no", then that login can't connect via the INADS (dial in) port.

Tom

Dustinn3 - what release are you on? Since 9 they moved this to system maintenance. Do a 'disp sys main' and you will see the line "Customer Access to INADS Port?" - is it set to yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back