Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyset6

Technical User
Sep 7, 2007
US
While not a Siemens specific question - over the years I exclusively used Procomm to access the Siemens, Rolm and other systems. I still preferred to at times after GUI apps came to be. Two PCs in our office were replaced, and as expected I cannot load Procomm. I was surprised late last year when another PC in the office was replaced with a Windows 11 PC like these taht were replaced, and I was able to install Procomm. I don't recall if I used Compatibility Mode for XP when I did. Prccomm has been running on my Windows 10 PC.

I'm not concerned about Pansi terminal emulation, V100 would be fine. I wonder what others use for a terminal emulator app on Windows 11 PCs? I can try Hyperterminal is it's available. I've also heard of Teraterm, or something like that but I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks - I'll see if Hyperterminal or Putty work. This is to access a system via a serial port behind an ISDN phone. The system has data lines kind of like Rolm's data option back in the 80s.

The link for the Procomm should also work -

Will check out MobaXTerm, but I got Procomm working on a Windows 11 PC. The way I installed it was very unconventional - I didn't use the setup file. I kind of did it backwards is the best way to describe it. Then I had to fool around with COM ports in Device Manager - the USB-Serial adapter was on COM 5, Procomm just had 1 - 4. I Set it to COM 2.

I wasn't sure where to post the question, as it's not a Siemens system I'm accessing, but years ago I'd use Procomm with the 9006 systems. I'd remap the keyboard so enter was Control-C(?) when using it with RMX.

Yeah, CTRL C to enter - CTRL T to logon - some others long forgotten
There was COMTES for Hicom that did those as well.

Yes CTRL T to logon! I remember the ######### until doing so at 4800 baud, 7 E 1. And if I recall correctly, the 25 pin D connector was straight through,
while for the Unix port it was null.

I would run Prcomm scripts to restore Unix vis the RMX port and hope the DAT would be read ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back